Being a part of a performing or competitive dance company at a dance studio is a fun and rewarding experience for dancers. If your dancer is interested or has been approached about participating in his/her studio dance team, it is important to gain as much knowledge as you can about the requirements and expectations at the studio prior to making a commitment.
Here are 10 important questions to ask:
5. How many competitions and conventions will you attend – when and where?
6. How many dances? Average price of costumes?
7. How will we be billed? Average cost for the year?
8. Are there additional training opportunities throughout the year?
9. Are there separate classes for technique and choreography?
10. What are the expectations of the dancer and their parents?
Throughout the week, we will examine each of these topics in depth so when the time comes, you are able to make an informed decision. Gaining as much information as possible before you commit will allow you to go into the situation with your eyes wide open. While it is easy to ask questions of friends or other parents of company dancers, for the most accurate information, it is best to speak with the Studio Owner directly.