It’s almost that time of year – dance recital time. I love this time of year. It is so fun to sit back and relax and watch the performances without the stress of a dance competition. Many dance studios have their annual dance recital in May or June. Some parents and family members like to give gifts to their dancer(s) to celebrate the end of the dance year and their dancer’s performance. It is certainly not a necessity and typically it seems each family finds a tradition that works for them. It may be a family dinner out after the recital or going out for ice cream.
We have always given flowers. My dancer loves them and it was something I enjoyed receiving after my own dance recitals. IF you. are looking for something a little different, check out the list of dance recital gifts below.
Dance Recital Gift Ideas
1. Flowers – A bouquet of flowers is one of the more popular choices. Some parents choose to give the dancer a rose for each year of dance. Others may choose a beautiful bouquet that compliments the last costume the dancer wears in the recital. If you have a Lidl or a Trader Joes near by, their prices on their flowers are very reasonable and the flowers are beautiful.
2. Charm For Charm Bracelet – A really cute idea is to give a charm that is either dance-related like a tap or ballet shoe or one that ties into one of the songs the dancer is dancing to that year.
3. Dance Themed Jewelry – There are several Etsy stores that have some really cute options. For the dancer who loves ballet you can find them with tutus, pointe shoes and ballet slippers. For the dancer who loves all things dance, there are necklaces that fit that need too.
If none of these necklaces suit your fancy, a simple Etsy search on Dance Necklace will bring up a variety of dance necklace options.
4. Tickets To A Summer Theater or Dance Production – We have done this in the past. In our case, it was something I was planning for us to attend and it seemed like an opportune time to surprise our dancer with the tickets.
5. New Water Bottle – If your dancer is going to an intensive over the summer or taking summer classes, a new water bottle may be a good option.
6. Picture Frame For Dance Photo
7. Album and Scrapbook Items – to scrapbook all those photos from the dance year.
8. Dolls – Little girls love ballerina dolls. You can usually find ballerina dolls at your local dancewear store or online dance stores. In addition Pottery Barn, Target and Amazon have dolls available.
9. Pedicure – this is a great gift idea, particularly for teen dancers. Their feet could really use some pampering. You can always make it a mother/daughter treat to celebrate the end of the year.
10. Something to pamper the dancer- After a busy recital weekend, this is a great option for dancers. Bubble bath, favorite Magazine, and lotion, are great options.
11. New Dance Bag – If your dancer will be taking classes or attending a summer intensive, a new dance bag is always a nice idea.
12. New Dance leotard, leggings. or bra top – New dancewear is always a fun gift idea or if you could give a gift certificate and let your dancer purchase something new.
Do you give recital gifts? What have you given in the past? Dancers, what is the best gift you have received?