Each year as dance teachers begin to look for music for new choreography and parents begin to help their dancers narrow song suggestions for solos etc., one question seems to be on everyone’s minds – will my song choice be “overused”, will we hear it at every competition – more than once.
We decided to gather information from a variety of competitions across the country – 29 of them in fact and see what songs were used the most this past year. Thank you to our friends across the country who helped make this possible. We greatly appreciate it.
Top 10 Most Popular Dance Competition Songs 2011 – 2012
10. Pop Drop & Roll (feat. Lisette Bustamante) – Chonique Sneed
9. Rumour Has It – Adele
8. Show Me How You Burlesque – Christina Aguilera
7. Who You Are (Live Acoustic Version) – Jessie J
6. Turning Tables – Adele
5. Run the World (Girls) – Beyonce
4. Glam – Christina Aguilera
3. Skinny Love – Birdy
2. Someone Like You – Adele
1. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley *
*There are many versions of Hallelujah. Jeff Buckley’s is the most popular on iTunes at the moment.
The most popular theme for a production number: Jet Set