This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nuvo Dance Convention was founded in 2004 by Ray Leeper and Break the Floor Productions. Since then, it has become one of the most popular and well-regarded dance conventions in the United States, offering training and competition opportunities in a variety of styles. Dancers are given the opportunity to showcase their skills and compete for scholarships and awards, all while promoting a positive and empowering atmosphere for all participants.
Want the scoop on Nuvo Dance Convention? Below is our overview of Nuvo Dance – As always, check the official website to clarify any further details.
2023 Nuvo Dance Convention Faculty
- Ray Leeper – Director/Jazz
- Kristen Gorski – Assistant Director/Musical Theatre
- Stacey Tookey – Contemporary
- Dana Foglia – Contemporary Fusion
- Martha Nichols – Contemporary & Jazz Fusion
- Jason Parsons – Improv & Contemporary
- Chantel Aguirre – Ballet & Contemporary
- Ronnie Todorowski – Ballet & Musical Thetre
- Will Loftis – Jazz
- Tucker Barkley – Hip-Hop & Jazz Funk
- Phil Wright – Hip-Hop
- Sarah Reich – Tap
- Ashly Costa – Ballroom
- Denise Wall – Technique & Teacher Training
- Angela Cifone – Nubie Host
2023 Tour Cities
See the website for specific dates and details.
- Arizona – Glendale
- California – Anaheim & Santa Clara
- Colorado – Westminster
- Florida – Miami & Orlando (The Dance Awards)
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Illinois – Chicago
- Massachusetts – Boston
- Michigan – Detroit
- Minnesota – Minneapolis
- Missouri – Kansas City
- Nevada – Las Vegas (The Dance Awards)
- New Jersey – Atlantic City
- New York – Niagra Falls
- Ohio – Cleveland
- Texas – Houston
- Utah – Sandy
Styles of Dance You May Compete In
- Musical Theatre
- Nubie – 5 – 7
- Mini 8 – 10
- Junior 11 – 12
- Teen 13 -15
- Senior 16 – 19
- Open 20+
- Group – 4 – 9 Dancers
- Line 10 – 15 dancers
- Extended Line – 16 – 24 dancers
- Production 25+ dancers
- Duo/Trio – 2 or 3 dancers
- Solo – 1 dancer
Things To Note About Nuvo Dance Convention
- Dancers can take classes and not compete, but in order to compete, you must be registered for the convention.
- All dancers compete at the same level.
- Independent dancers are not eligible to compete
- Live Webcast of the dance competition
- 16th Season!
View Other Dance Convention Snapshots