This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
There are so many songs about sisters or songs that may not have been written specifically for sisters but certainly depict the relations sisters have. This playlist of songs about sisters has a little bit of everything – funny songs, sweet songs, songs about being there for each other, and songs about growing up with a sister. The relationship between sisters is unique, so it is not surprising that dancers and parents enjoy an opportunity for siblings to share the stage. Many of the songs below would be great for a performance by sisters or a slideshow about sisters.
Sister Songs – My Best Friend
Your bestie growing up and the one who is a part of so many amazing memories.
- Beautiful Thing – Grace VanderWaal (2016)
- Seamless – Sabrina Carpenter (2015)
- True Friend – Hannah Montana (2007)
- Better Together – Jack Johnson (2005)
- My Sister – Reba Mcintyre (2003)
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me – Randy Newman (1995)
Sister Songs – Growing Up With A Sister
Sisters are great and your partner in crime but sometimes they can be slightly annoying and competitive. Check out these songs that capture all the various moods of growing up with a sister.
- Sister – K.Flay (2019)
- True Sisters – Cinderella, Sofia (2012)
- My Same – Adele (2008)
- Best Days – Graham Colton (2007)
- Sisters – The Puppini Sisters (2006)
- On the Ride – Aly & AJ (2005)
- Whenever You Remember – Carrie Underwood (2005)
- Shadow – Ashlee Simpson (2004)
- For Good – Idina Menzel Kristin Chenoweth (2003)
- You And Me – Rosie Thomas (2003)
- Anything You Can Do – Bernadette Peters, Tom Wopat (1999)
- Side Show: We Share Everything – Broadway Cast (1997)
- Miss Celie’s Blues (Sister) – The Color Purple Cast (1989)
- Older Sister – Carly Simon (1974)
Sister Songs – I Will Be There For You
There is nothing quite like having a sister who you know will be there for you through all of life’s ups and downs, you can count on her for advice, a shoulder to cry on and a good laugh.
- Call On Me – Starley (2020)
- Lean On Me (Acoustic) – Joshua Radin (2020)
- Carry You – Ruelle, Fleurie (2019)
- (Everything I Do) I Will Be There For You – Julia Westlin (2018)
- I’ll Be There – Jess Glynne (2018)
- By Your Side – The 1975 (2017)
- I’ll Keep You Safe – Sleeping At Last (2014)
- Wherever You Will Go – Charlene Soraia (2011)
- Count On Me – Bruno Mars (2010)
- I Won’t Let Go – Rascal Flatts (2010)
- I’ll Stand By You – Glee Cast (2009)
- Keep Holding On – Boyce Avenue (2008)
- Here I Am – Leona Lewis (2007)
- I’m There Too – Michelle Featherstone (2006)
- Never Alone – Jim Brickman, Lady A (2006)
- If No One Will Listen – Keri Noble (2004)
- I Will Be There For You – Jessica Andrews (1998)
- Count On Me – Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans (1995)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water – Linda Eder (1994)
Sister Songs – Big Sister To Little Sister
Sometimes it’s hard to resist giving advice to your little sister but usually its to help them avoid some of the mistakes and heartbreaks you have already experienced.
- Call Your Sister – Taylor Edwards (2021)
- Look For The Good – Jason Mraz (2020)
- Perfect Skin – Olivia Lane (2019)
- Hand To Hold – JJ Heller (2018)
- Have It All – Jason Mraz (2018)
- Ooh Child – MILCK (2018)
- Footprints – Molly Kate Kestner (2017)
- Better Place – Rachel Platten (2016)
- Growing Pains – Maria Mena (2015)
- Never Gonna Let You Down – Colbie Caillat (2014)
- Little Me – Little Mix (2013)
- Broken – Lindsey Haun (2006)
Sister Songs – Little Sister to Big Sister
- Lost Without You – Freya Ridings (2019)
- Don’t Worry About Me – Frances (2017)
- Do You Wanna Build A Snowman – Jasmine Thompson (2014)
Sister Songs – You Inspire Me
When your sister is a role model of strength and determination…
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Lara Fabian (2009)
Sister Songs – We’ve Got Each Other
The sister you call on no matter what and she can do the same…
- There You’ll Be – Faith Hill (2007)
- I Can’t Do It Alone – Catherine Zeta-Jones (2002)
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge (1979)
Sister Songs – Wishing You The Best
- I Wish – Heather Headley (2009)
Sister Songs – Girl Power
- Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves – Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin (1985)
Oh my…this makes me want a sister so bad!
I love these songs…!
Dave Matthews Band – Sister
Great tracks, making a mixtape for my older sister. This really gave me some great ones to add
Great! Thank you for the feedback Tammy!
I’ll Take Care of You – Dixie Chicks
Comfort – Deb Talan
My Sister – Reba McEntire
You got me- Gavin DeGraw
Do You Want to Build a Snowman? – from the movie, Frozen
For little sister/big sister, I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack!!
thanks for the information https://www.yourdailydance.com/
My song to my little sister has always been Sanctuary from the TV show Nashville!